Double-hung windows in Kansas City are a very popular style of window. A double-hung window has two sashes at the top and bottom that slide up and down. Compared to a single hung, a double-hung window is much easier to clean since both of the window sashes can be tilted. If you’ve recently had Sunshine Home Improvement out for window replacement in Kansas City and now have new double-hung windows, you may be wondering how to clean them. If you want to learn how to clean a double-hung window according to the best replacement window company in Kansas City, then continue reading!
- Remove the screens
- Unlock the windows by moving the bottom latch inwards and raise it six to eight inches
- Vacuum or clean the bottom sill
- Pull the tilt hatches on the bottom window sash inwards
- Tilt the bottom window towards you until it reaches a 90-degree angle
- Slide the top window down and pull the tilt hatches inward
- Tilt the top window towards you until it reaches a 90-degree angle
- Clean the exterior glass of the top window first by using a solution of water and vinegar
- Dry the window by using either a clean squeegee or lint-free cloth
- Clean the interior of the top window and then slide back into the frame
- Repeat the same process with the bottom window
To clean the interior part of your double-hung window, you can either use a water and vinegar solution or Windex. If you’re looking to replace your single hung windows in Kansas City to double hung windows in Kansas City from Sunshine Home Improvement, contact us to receive a free project quote! We offer the most affordable windows in Kansas City, as we are home of the $189 window in Kansas City. You just can’t beat the quality and price of our windows!